Monday 25 April 2016

Secondary Research (Further Research 4)

  Hart, C (2001). Drawing Cutting Edge Comics. New York: Watson-Guptill. 7-144.
This book was very useful because it shows different styles on how to draw a comic character. It uses a lot of detail to show(in each step) how the character has been built up. Also this book was very helpful because it showed how the developed character fits onto the comic strip/storyboard. This shows how useful this book is. Also it shows how a character is built up from a pencil drawing to a comic hero character which I like.
 
 
 
   Mccloud, S (2006). Making Comics. USA: Harper-Collins. 1-253.
This book was useful because it shows step by step how to create the perfect comic. It also highlights the different stages between the comics- scenes. I like the way that each instruction has been drawn by the little man. I like the black outline on each part of the comic from the book. This is because it gives the bold effect which works with my idea. I like the fact that it shows how to draw a storyboard with complicated characters. It doesn't make each of the steps complicated, it makes it easier to follow which I like the look of.
 
 

 
 


 
 

 This comic book didn't help with my research because it was too long. It didn't show how to draw/ develop characters for a good comic. Also it didn't help because I found that the comic was too long. It didn't show a good technique for a short but effective comic book.
 This cartoon book didn't help because it didn't show any of the right character development. I found that the book contains a more of a hero style rather then a cartoon comic style. Also the main focus of the book was to do with heroes which I don't need.  It didn't help me with designing a character for a comic- just a general hero style.



























I have found this book useful because it shows/showed how different characters have been onto a comic to show the realism and the scene. I like the way that detail has been used throughout this book to show different styles of comics because it gives the feeling that something mysterious is happening. It shows and describes what each of the scenes in each comic is trying to represent, how you make it realistic which I have found interesting and very useful.










1 comment:

  1. Some good research here Emma, It is good that you are critically evaluating your research, good work.

    ReplyDelete