Monday 18 April 2016

Proposal

The theme that I have chosen to do for my project is character design.  I have chosen to do a character design theme because I would like to show my graphic/drawing skills. Also I like designing characters so I feel that designing a character for my project would turn out well.

The mediums that I will be using to create my artwork is paper , pen and pencil. I might even use Adobe Illustrator to bring my character to live, this would make it feel more like a graphic piece. I would design my character on paper first to get the idea of what I would like my character to look like. Then I would probably use Adobe Illustrator to grab the attention of my character. Also this would make my character stand out more.

I would like my work to look like a graphic piece. I would do this by creating a kind of comic style page to show my idea. This would show my character in lots of different ways. It would also make it look better then just have it on a page without any background or some sort of story.  I would like to do this to show my interest in cartoons and storyboards.

The initial research that I will undertake while completing this project is to research different types of character designs and how they create their cartoon characters. The other initial research that I will undertake is researching different types of graphic novels to get some inspiration on how to present my final piece/project. The preproduction work that I will undertake is to follow my schedule to keep on track what I should be doing each week.

The target audience that I am aiming my project at is for teenagers and possibly children. This is because children and teenagers would like to see some cartoons and different character designs.  Also I feel as though teenagers and children are more into characters and storyboards compared to adults with the way that they understand and know what they want to be doing.

I will present my work by using a graphic novel page. I will do this by creating some sort of storyboard to show my character design. Also I would like to create a graphic novel page because it would show how I developed my character each time. I would create the storyboard by using pencil first to create the main shape and the main story following my character design and it's purpose. Then I will use a black pen to finalise my work. This would make it stand out which would make my work better. I would probably create a brainstorm to show how I would like my character to look, and all of its weapons, items, objects, clothing, appearance. Also I would brainstorm some storyboard ideas that I would like to create. I would like to do this because otherwise I won't be able to create a great graphic novel. Also it would test and show how well I can do the character more then once. I feel as though creating a character design would make my work turn out well.



1 comment:

  1. Great Idea Emma, this is achievable within the timescale and will show off your new graphic skills.

    ReplyDelete